Wiener Library Job Advertisement - Acquisitions Librarian
Job Description: Acquisitions Librarian
Full-time, permanent post based in central London, WC1
Responsible to: Head of Collections
The Wiener Library is the world’s oldest Holocaust archive and the home of Britain’s largest collection of published and unpublished works, documents and photographs relating to the Nazi era. We are seeking an Acquisitions Librarian to join the team in a permanent post. For someone with an interest in modern history this is an opportunity to help develop Britain’s foremost collection of printed and audio-visual material regarding the Holocaust, its causes and consequences. As we are a small organisation we are looking for someone who is a good team player willing to be involved in other projects as necessary.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The priority task is to manage acquisitions of books, periodicals and audio-visual materials including:
- Actively developing the book collection by seeking new material together with the Head of Collections
- Selecting new books in line with the collection policy and strategic objectives
- Buying and accessioning books; both new and second-hand titles
- Managing the book budget
- Liaising with the Education and Outreach team to ensure the collections support their work
- Building a network of contacts with suppliers and second-hand book dealers
- Evaluating and accessioning book donations to the Library
- Supplying engaging content for our social media platforms to market new acquisitions
- Monitoring and evaluating acquisitions by compiling statistical reports
- Overseeing the periodicals collection
- Managing and supervising the part-time Library Assistant
- Contributing to Reader Services, including staffing the enquiry desk on a rota basis
- Other duties and projects as may be assigned
To apply, please send a full CV and covering letter outlining your experience to the Administrator Suzy Bartlett email@example.com
For an informal talk about the role please contact Kat Hubschmann, Head of Collections, firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is Sunday 7 August.
For the full requirements please visit the Wiener Library Working & Volunteering page.