Launch Event of EHRI
On 16 November 2010, The European Holocaust Research Infrastructure (EHRI) was formally launched in the presence of high level European politicians and representatives of the relevant communities in the Royal Museum of Art and History in Brussels, Belgium.
This was the official start of the first phase of the EHRI project (2010-2015) that was funded by the Seventh Framework Programme (FP7) of the European Union.
Programme of the launch event of EHRI, the project
- Dr. Michal Frankl, chair, Jewish Museum of Prague
- Mrs. Máire Geoghegan-Quinn, European Commissioner for Research, Innovation and Science
- Mr. Gideon Sa'ar, Minister of Education, Israel
- Mr. Halbe Zijlstra, State Secretary of Education, Culture and Science, The Netherlands
- Mr. Guido Peruzzo, Ambassador Deputy Permanent Representative of Germany
- Mr. Nathan Ramet, The Jewish Museum of Deportation and Resistance, Belgium
- Prof. dr. Peter Longerich, Royal Holloway, University of London
- Dr. Michal Frankl interviews: Dr. Sheila Anderson, Director of the Centre for e-Research of King's College, London, and Dr. Conny Kristel, Project Director EHRI, NIOD. Institute for War, Holocaust and Genocide Studies, the Netherlands
- Prof. dr. Jerzy Holzer, Institute of Political Studies, Polish Academy of Sciences
- Official launch: EHRI Film Research and Remembrance